Monday, April 7, 2014

The Eye

Well my Florida eye doctor appointments with Dr. Fouraker visits are over. Unless I have a catastrophe of some kind, the next Dr. appointment will be in Oregon with Dr. Burris, who did the Cornea Transplant in Dec. of 2011.
The eye continues to slowly heal. I had an appointment about 10 days ago and Dr.Fouraker removed one stitch to help the Cornea resume the round shape it is supposed to be. Dr. Fouraker was happy today as there wasn't any deterioration of the eye because of removing the stitch. He said that if I would be staying here he would most likely remove another one or two.
He is presuming that Dr. Burris will most likely remove one soon after I return to Oregon. (A few of the stitches need to be removed for the Cornea to regain it's round shape for my eye sight to improve.) Only one stitch at a time is removed to see how the Cornea responds.
While it has been interesting and I have learned a lot from Dr. Fouraker, however, I will not miss the three to five hour office visits.
I want to again thank all of you who have been praying for a full recovery of the eye, but please don't stop now, as there is still along way to go !
Until another time,

Filbert

No comments:

Post a Comment